* * *
To Hell with the proper way! The proper way is of man! The unexpected and the improper, the unconventional and untraditional, the unorthodox and unceremonious, contrary to man's natural expectation--this is the way God usually works! “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the Earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts!” (Isa.55:8, 9). Who can know the mind of the Lord, and who can show Him anything?
Who the hell do you think you are, anyway, to tell God what to do and how to do it? God knows His business and it's none of your business how He does it! So quit trying to tell Him how He ought to do it! “Now, Lord, You must do it this way or that way, so we'll be accepted and people will understand.” … Just trust God that He knows what He's doing! “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart: and lean not unto thy own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths” (Pro.3:5,6). (“Did God Make a Mistake?” ML #35:13-15.)
103. (Mama:) Here's a real classic, one of my favorites, which, by the way, was printed in 1973 and classified GP--that is‚ for the general public!
Jesus Himself said He had to pour His very New Wine into very new bottles who could expand their receptivity sufficiently to take it, accommodate it, and even rejoice in it, for it spoke their language and helped Him to reach the drunks and the harlots and the publicans and sinners and the radical young zealots with whom He associated. It also proved He was not part of the System and was not bound by its conventions, inhibitions and prejudices. …
A revolution is a total break with the traditions of man and his churches and his preconceived ideas about God and misconceptions of morality. We have turned completely around and are going a different direction, no longer man's way but God's way, and we are free to enjoy to the full the beauties and wonders of His creation with all of its pleasures, which He Himself created for our enjoyment.
This is no day for the weak and the fearful and those who are unable to bear the many more things that God now has to say to us in these Last Days when He must tell us the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help us God!
I'm sorry, but the revolution did not begin with our trying to please people and giving them only what they were able to believe and accept. … If you are not young enough in spirit, pliable enough, resilient enough, and elastic enough to expand your vision and faith to accommodate this New Wine of the Lord, you will certainly be unable to take what's coming, and your vessel now shaken will be truly shattered! …
If naked truth bothers you, you are definitely an old bottle and had better avoid the crash! But if you can accommodate this New Wine without asking why or trying to analyze its ingredients, God has such thrills and intoxication of the Spirit in store for you that you will be glad you drank it without question, and you'll be whisked off into a world which you never dreamed existed, where you'll enjoy the very wonders of total intimacy with a sexy, naked God Himself in a wild orgy of the Spirit as His totally surrendered Bride!
Otherwise, you're like the old church, an old bottle, cracked, broken, useless, and doomed to abandonment and oblivion! May God help you to know where you belong!
P.S. Remember the warning Jesus gave to some: “I would that ye were hot or cold‚ but because ye are lukewarm, I will spew you out of My mouth!” Halfway, half-hearted, half–baked disciples make God sick at His stomach! Please don't be one of them! It were better that you had never heard the truth than to have heard and gone back! God says, “My soul abhorreth him that turneth back!” Cut loose and come on! (From “Come on, Ma, Burn Your Bra!” ML #286:3-5,13,14,18‚23,24,27.)
104. (Mama:) And the Family hasn't changed in being a Revolution for Jesus, even though Dad has passed on. We still believe in the Word, all of it, and that inevitably makes us different. As I said several years ago, right after Dad's Heavenly Homegoing: “We can never be only a missionary organization doing relief work and 'Consider the Poor' ministries. We are believers in sex‚ prophets of the End, portrayers of Heaven, separatists from the world, destroyers of darkness, and fighters for the truth! And in all these‚ beloved, we are preachers of the Gospel and lovers and winners of souls. And it is because of all of these other things that we are the successful missionary organization we are today” (“Why We 'Preached Sex' in the Press Release Announcing Dad's Homegoing!” ML #2957:13, Lifelines 21).
We Can't Compromise
For the Sake of Church Christians
105. I don't believe in going out of our way to antagonize sincere Christians‚ but neither do I believe in toning down or compromising our message in order to make friends with those who are already saved and already belong to a church, etc. Those people are not our main audience. They already know the Lord, and if they're churchy at all, you can be pretty sure they're not going to like our kind of religion! Some of you have written in, asking why we have to be so controversial as to blow away the Christians you've grown close to; or if they're not blown away yet, you fear that they will be as soon as they hear of some of our radical beliefs. Here is some counsel from Dad on that and other points.
106. (Dad speaking:) If you're talking about toning down the presentation of some of our doctrines so that you can work with the church system and be more acceptable to them and make friends with them and have them accept you, I can guarantee you that you're going to be toning things down so much that you're going to have very little of God's present–day message left!
107. As far back as 30 years ago, church Christians were having difficulty with the Family's doctrines of personal witnessing! And even 40 or 50 years ago, that used to get me into so much trouble when I would talk to churches and church folks about personal witnessing, because they didn't want to do it; most of them didn't want to be involved in it or make the sacrifices to get out and personal witness. They wanted to leave that up to the pastor on Sunday morning. And they didn't want to accept forsaking all, they didn't want to accept the fact that you didn't have to have a church building to go to in order to worship God--that you could worship Him standing out in the park with your friends. And they certainly don't want to accept our beliefs on sex! They never have, and I wouldn't be surprised if most of them will never fully be able to accept it. And if they're not willing to accept God's simple, basic Law of Love and Godly sex and sharing and giving love one to another, they're certainly going to find it even more difficult to accept Loving Jesus.
108. Of course, you can tone down the presentation of our doctrines in certain given situations. You have to be led of the Lord and His Spirit and His wisdom. There's a time to present the Family's beliefs and doctrines to outsiders in a way that will make it as easy as possible for them to understand it and accept it. You don't have to go and stand in front of the church doors and insist that they believe the way that you do.
109. But we have every right to what we believe and what we stand for. God has every right to get His message out through the Family, and we're free to believe and live and practice and follow the message that God is giving to the Family today. And although it's not our aim to force anyone to believe and accept our beliefs or doctrines or lifestyle, we would like them to believe and accept, and we want to give them the opportunity to hear the message. But we also have a firm belief that we have every right to our freedom of choice and belief and doctrine and religion and lifestyle and mode of operation and everything.
110. The churches tried to persuade me for years, as did my first wife, that I was going about things the wrong way, that I shouldn't be challenging them left and right, that I should tone things down, that I shouldn't be going around telling people that we really can live according to the Bible, that Jesus did really mean that true Christians should be willing to forsake all and follow Him. The minute I started standing up for the truth, I was never fully accepted by the church Christians.
111. And that's why the Lord had us start the Family, because in you He saw people who were willing to accept His message. The Family didn't want it toned down. They wanted to believe it. They were excited and thrilled and turned on and happy to have finally found others who wanted to live the Word, to preach the Word, to give the Word, and to obey the Lord and follow Him no matter what! They were willing and happy and were honored to deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow Him.
112. That was what turned them on! It was their key! And the more the Lord asked them to do, and the more He presented them with, the crazier the idea, the more it challenged or exposed the System or the churchy Christians, the happier our people got--the more excited they got! They got even more conviction and more fire to give everything to Jesus and serve Him with all their hearts. They loved Him, so they loved the truth. They loved His new fresh wine! They loved His new fresh revelations and messages!
113. That I was David, the Endtime prophet, was the greatest thrill in the world to our one hundred percent, sold-out, loyal disciples! Because that's what they needed--a shepherd who could lead them through the Endtime, someone who the Lord had anointed with great conviction, faith, and boldness, who wasn't afraid of the wrath of the System, who wasn't afraid to stand up and face the lion's roar. They had to face my roar! Ha!
114. You are personally responsible for what you do in your life and with your life and with the truth that God has given you. No one can tell you what to say, and no one can make you say anything when you're face to face witnessing to someone. It's between you and that person and the Lord, and it's up to you to deliver the Lord's message to them--whatever the message is that He wants you to give that individual. And it varies a great deal from person to person depending on where they're at in the spirit and how much they can receive at a time. Some need to be spoon-fed with milk, and then they grow and grow in the spirit and they can take stronger feedings, and then they can take the meat, and then they can take the fresh New Wine and revelations.
115. But you're the instrument and the tool that delivers the message. God's given the Family His message for today in all of its wonderful glory. He's given you His revelations, His leading and guidance through me, and now through Mama and Peter, and it's your choice what you do with it, how you treat it, how you handle it, how you deliver it. It's one thing to tone down your presentation of one of the Family's doctrines like “Loving Jesus” or the voice of prophecy, or whatever, with the purpose in mind of helping the person to receive it and fully understand it and gradually letting them grow in the spirit until you can give them more and more. If you're being motivated by true, genuine love for that soul and for that person, then the Lord will be faithful to lead and guide you as to how to present the message.
116. But if your goal is to tone down the message because you don't even like the message, and you don't want to talk about it, and you don't want to present it in the first place, and maybe you don't even believe in it, then that's a whole different story!
117. Like I said, we have freedom of religious belief and the freedom to follow the Lord and obey His message. The church also operates according to their belief, and they have the freedom to do so. Each individual has the freedom to decide where they feel they fit best.
118. God called me out of the church system so that He could use me and make me into the vessel that He wanted me to be to give His message to the world in the Endtime. He personally spoke to me and to others and told me my calling and my job. He was the One Who told me that I was David for the Endtime‚ that He would set up one shepherd over His sheep and He would feed them. And even though I didn't understand everything at that time, I still had the personal conviction and faith to follow God. I believed that God knew what He was doing and that He knew best.
119. And that's what each person has to decide for themselves. No one is forcing you to believe anything that you don't want to believe. You're not being forced to stay in the Family. You're completely free to stay if you want to uphold the standards and beliefs of the Family, or you're completely free to serve the Lord in another way, whether it be with the churches, with another Christian group, or whatever. You have freedom of choice.
120. Our Family beliefs are not a secret; we're very open with our beliefs and the Lord's message. That's our job. We are witnesses. We are His tools in the Endtime, His mouthpieces. That's what we live for--to bring people the truth, to set them free, to give them Jesus, to bring them happiness and eternal life. And although the road may sometimes be rough and bumpy, we know that we're doing the Lord's will and we're obeying Him. (End of message from Dad.)
Comments from one of our COs:
121. It's not uncommon for the Family today to be looking at the seeming success of some churches and question our ways, methods, tactics, message, etc. I think this is something that will need further clarification as we proceed with the Activated build-a-church vision. It's real easy, when we're talking in terms of building a church‚ to compare ourselves with those in the church system who have been successful with that type of thing. I guess because the terminology is the same, you sort of inadvertently compare with different churches, what they're doing, how they're attracting people, what their message is, etc., and because they are often pretty successful at drawing larger numbers, then they look more successful at serving the Lord.
122. But we're talking about two very different things here: Building a church and having a place where people come for spiritual feeding is one thing; being the priesthood or serving the Lord as one of the 12 is very different‚ as well as being responsible to serve up a meatier message. That is our calling‚ and that is the standard that we have to judge ourselves by--not by the 70 or the 120 or the 5,000. (End of comment from CO.)
With the Family
123. (Mama:) As has been brought out, toning down the message is closely linked with distancing yourselves from the name of the Family. This subject was covered fairly extensively in “Mama's Memos #9,” “Preparing Contacts For Future Persecution,” ML #3243:80-122, GN 845, which was published in March 1999. Please reread that counsel. Also, the Lord gave more counsel recently in “Activate the World, Part 1,” ML #3348:57-72, GN 943.
124. One of the COs recently commented:
In one country in our area there was a prevailing fear of persecution due to past persecutions, which resulted in their toning down the Family's radical message and distancing themselves from the Family. The counsel at the end of “Activate the World, Part 1,” “Don't Hide Your Light Under a Bushel,” was a real help in clarifying the right way to approach this, and I think gave the Family greater faith in this area. It was interesting to hear some brethren talk about other Christian or Catholic groups who get persecuted there, but who are very bold and upfront in their witness, and are growing by leaps and bounds. This also helped dispel their fear. (End of comment from CO.)
125. (Mama:) Not too long ago, the European Media Desk wrote about a problem situation that came up in an Eastern European country where one Home had a fruitful, long-term ministry going, but they had never mentioned their association with the Family. Eventually a journalist put the pieces of the puzzle together and did an article showing how they were indeed the Family. The media desk wrote:
126. (From EMD:) This situation is a sobering example of the hazards of not letting people know that you're part of the Family. In this case, their whole work is now in jeopardy, and they're going to be fighting an uphill battle with everyone, from their landlord onwards, as to why they never said they were part of us and why they never helped their friends understand the Family better. There is little we can do for them at this point. Of course, we can pray for them, and we have offered some suggestions about how to explain themselves now. We are concerned for their landlord, to whom they basically denied outright that they were part of a “sect.” Their sponsors may also be unhappy, not to speak of the places where they've been ministering.
127. For the short term it must be easier in many places for support, and to be accepted, to avoid connecting to the Family, especially in places where there has been a concerted anti-cult campaign going on for years. But now, in a case like this, their whole work and financial support are shaken, and we don't know if they will even have a work to speak of at the end of it, not to mention the poor testimony that they haven't been upfront, which can reflect negatively on the Family as a whole. The issue of “deception” and “front organizations” is a hot one.
128. I don't think there's any problem with doing a project in a different name provided the affiliation to the Family is acknowledged when appropriate. We explain it like this: Each Family community is independently run and self-supporting. Family members undertake local projects and choose to adopt a name for that certain project.
129. However, if the name of the Family is never mentioned‚ then you're opening yourself up to an allegation of deception. If a Home has friends and supporters who either ask directly or they are dealing with them closely and regularly, and the Family members have never mentioned that they are affiliated with the Family, aren't those supporters going to feel deceived? (This is one of the points made in “Mama's Memos #9.”)
130. If we don't acknowledge the Family part in our project or foundation, if it comes out later and we then try to justify the reason we never mentioned the Family because, “The Family is my religious belief and therefore it doesn't have much to do with the project‚” I'm not sure it's going to work. For one, it isn't really true. We are Family members and we do receive Family literature. For another, this is not the government's perception of us.
131. On the other hand, if we have openly stated that we're affiliated with the Family, then an article like the one in this particular country wouldn't have nearly as much effect. In many ways the article in question was a good testimony of all of our good works, and the history was fairly accurate and up to date, although it did have some negative twists. But the fact that the Home's relationship to the Family was never acknowledged is going to make people wonder and suspect that there really is something wrong with the Family, or why would the brethren have never mentioned it?
132. It doesn't take much for someone with a nose for information to ferret out all the connecting pieces and come to the conclusion that this reporter did--that these people are part of the Family. And now what kind of a testimony will it be to their friends?
133. We got something interesting from the Lord when praying about this situation. He said: “Bear in mind that in this day and age the warfare is a complicated one, with information spread around the world. This reporter, sitting at his computer, found out much information that you yourselves have published. He just strung it together. So all should take heed to this, for this is not the first time that something like this has happened, and it will not be the last.” (End of comments from European Media Desk.)
134. (Mama:) We realize, of course, that there are times when your connection with the Family would need to be kept secret, such as when you're in a country where your work is banned, or where the authorities would imprison you, or where being a Christian in itself is dangerous. But obviously the trend to not make known your connection with the Family is much more widespread than that. I asked the Lord for more counsel about it, especially how this fits in with His call to rid ourselves of the compromises that are making us ineffective. His message is very clear.
135. (Jesus speaking:) Much depends on the motivation and the details surrounding each individual situation. If a Home deliberately hides their association with the Family to the point that they're actually denying their faith in the Family and the Words of David, then it's a pitiful, terrible sample! I can understand taking on a certain name for a particular “Consider the Poor” project if that name has meaning and possibly communicates more to the local people than simply the name “The Family.” I can understand that it might be more effective for the upfront name of a project to be such things as “Defeating Drugs in Our Neighborhood” or “Help for the Homeless” or “Tough Love for Teenagers” or “Foundation for the Benefit of Underprivileged Families,” etc. Such names are immediately self–explanatory, and therefore people know right away what you're doing.
136. If the motivation for adopting such names is for such a legitimate reason, then it's acceptable. But there should always be some association with the Family, some explanation or tie with the Family; otherwise your presentation is deceptive and I cannot fully bless you. If you deliberately hide or even deny your association with the Family, then when it becomes known that you are not just associated, but actually longtime, full-time members of the Family‚ your reputation, testimony, and works will be tarnished!
137. Your supporters and colleagues will conclude that you've been lying, and if you lied about something as fundamental as that, then they'll wonder what else you're lying about. The trust you have worked so hard to build with others will be dashed, and your Christian testimony will be sadly tainted. News will travel, and you'll find many doors that would have otherwise been opened to you will be permanently and tightly closed. In the end you will suffer much more for your deliberate deception than you would have had you been honest and presented your association with the Family wisely, at the appropriate time and in the appropriate way.
138. Those of you who think you can indefinitely work under another name with no association with the Family, while remaining members of the Family, are living in a dream world. It is foolishness and naïveté for you to think that your membership in the Family will not eventually be discovered. So unless you want to face devastating embarrassment and a collapse of your work, you must be upfront and honest.
139. That doesn't mean you need to tell every single detail about the Family immediately, but to actively hide or actually deny your association with any religious movement and to not mention the name of the Family fairly early on in your work relationship with others is extremely unwise and will only backfire.
140. The worst part of this is not just the way your work will suffer, and how you might even have to completely shut down and move on to something else, because your benefactors and sponsors will have lost faith in you and will have to retaliate to save face, but even worse is the damage it will do to your personal sample as a Christian. You should be known for your integrity‚ honesty, and fairness. You should be known for love and truth. You should be known for doing the right thing, for making choices according to your conviction, even to your own hurt. You should be known to be like Me, the Man Who was known for going about everywhere doing good.
141. But how can lying, covering up, being deceptive and actually leading people astray through half-truths, omissions, and lies be looked at as “going everywhere doing good”? You'll be very sorry, but the damage will be impossible to undo. Once you've hurt people's faith in you by lying and deceiving them, even if not by what you say but by what you don't say, it's impossible to regain it. They'll always, forever after, be thinking in the back of their minds, “Hmm … I wonder if they are telling me the truth.”
142. Not only is it a terrible, damaging sample to your supporters and something that destroys your personal testimony as a Christian, but it also undermines the conviction of your children and the younger ones and new disciples who work with you. Just stop a moment and think honestly about what you're saying to the younger ones when you deny association with the Family. Do they see that you're proud to be a member of the Family? Do they see you boldly standing up for the truth? Do they see you accepting your place as a prophet and voice in the Endtime? Or do they see you compromising, cowering, and hiding?
143. You who have lied, deceived, and compromised in this way should be ashamed of yourselves! I am ashamed of you! You know it is written: “Whosoever shall be ashamed of Me and of My Words, of him also shall the Son of Man be ashamed.” To deny the Family name and to deliberately cover up your association is to be ashamed of Me and My Words that I've given to the Family. You might try to justify your actions and get out from under the conviction of this verse by saying, “Well, I do tell people about Jesus. I do witness salvation. I don't deny the Lord or the Bible.” That's not enough for those who claim to be part of the Family. Because you have received much, much is expected of you. If you are ashamed of the Word as you know it, as you've been taught through the Words of David, you are ashamed of Me.
144. If you have so little faith in Me and My ability to raise up those who will stand by you for what you truly are, as part of the Family; if you have so little conviction in the message I've given the children of David; if you have so little pride in the work and lifestyle and sample of the Family; if you can so easily hide your faith and deny your association with the Family; if you're so worried that you're going to blow away your churchy contacts; if you're compromising for gain so much that you can't even let people know you're part of the Family or use the Family tools or promote Activated, then you might as well not even be in the Family! You should have enough conviction to drop out of the Family and join some organization that you aren't afraid to at least say the name of! For Heaven's sake and your own personal testimony, if you can't bear to be a part of the Family openly, then you shouldn't try to be a part secretly!
145. The privilege of reading the GNs that you receive as a tithing member of the Family can't be that important to you, and they certainly can't be making much difference in your life if you're so compromised that you won't even let your association with the Family be known. As I said in earlier times, “I would that you were hot or cold‚ but because you are lukewarm I will spew you out of My mouth!” It's time to decide. Are you hot?--Or cold? Quit being lukewarm! (End of message from Jesus.)
146. (Mama:) After reading an advance copy of this GN, Dawn in EURCRO commented:
147. This GN talks a lot about our relationship with other Christians and churches, and compromises that come about because of fear of people's churchy reactions. In Europe, I feel the bigger problem is with the AC anti-sect propaganda, which has spread throughout Western Europe and many of the EE countries now, too, as well as actual anti-freedom-of-religion laws that have passed in some countries and are being considered in others. Many countries are still free as far as their religious laws go, but the Enemy has sure spewed out his flood of media-incited fears and propaganda, so the Family is hard-pressed in an increasing number of countries to find people who haven't been polluted and brainwashed to automatically react negatively to anything that looks or sounds like a sect in general, and against anything that sounds like the Family in particular.
148. This of course affects the Family's witness, so many brethren tread softly with an initial introduction and explanation that whoever they're talking to will understand and accept, but then often they don't let the full truth be known for fear of rocking the boat. I suppose it's the same basic problem as compromise for the sake of gain, just from a different angle.
149. It seems that if anyone has chosen to remain in Europe, seeing the times are changing so rapidly toward the fulfillment of the Endtime Scriptures for these countries, they should be prepared to be witnesses even amidst the AC spirit, which we all know is going to become even more rampant here in years to come. It seems that as long as the countries haven't adopted actual laws which ban us or our witness, that the counsel in this GN should apply no matter how AC-leaning a country is or how strong the anti-sect media and propaganda is. Of course, wisdom and discretion are necessary, but our goals and message should still be the same. (End of comments from Dawn.)
150. (Mama:) These are good points from Dawn! As some of you might know, in some European countries it seems like the Family is trying to be as clandestine as we can be, while the Scientologists or Jehovah's Witnesses or Mormons and others are operating relatively openly--not flaunting their presence, but not ashamed of who they are, either. They don't necessarily get bad publicity related to the same accusations we do, but they do get beat up and have their buildings bulldozed or get refused permission to operate and things like that, so they undergo persecution as well. Here is some important counsel from the Lord on this subject.
151. (Jesus speaking:) Not associating yourself with the name of the Family, especially in countries where there is a strong anti-cult movement, reinforces in people's minds that all new religious movements are bad, because they never hear or see otherwise. They're left with that delusion, and with time grow more and more close-minded about it. They don't have an opportunity to see the truth. Whereas if you're continuing with your good‚ solid, Christian sample, while at the same time being honest about who you belong to and what you believe, then people can see the truth for themselves, and it breaks down the negative, twisted perspective built up by the media and the ACs.
152. That might not seem like such an important point now, but in the future it will have great consequences. The Antichrist is trying to condition people to think a certain way, to be closed to anything out of the norm, to assume the worst about small groups who don't do things the established way. He's preparing them for his takeover and total control.
153. You are a shining example of living outside the System, of living a perfectly healthy and productive life, and anyone in their right mind can see that. You are a living example of truth. You are part of My truth to the world in that way, and part of the choices and chances I want to give them to see the truth and receive it. But if they don't hear or see the truth from you, they will slowly swallow more and more propaganda from the AC, and in the end they will be easy prey. Whereas if you are more open, more honest, more upfront, even if some people don't automatically receive you or want to help you, even if it makes things a little tougher, it gives people a chance to see the truth and to see that you're not ashamed of it, that there's nothing wrong with it. And it helps to prepare them for the days when they will have to make a choice, whether to accept the AC control or to help AACs, like you! (End of message from Jesus.)
154. (Mama:) I pray that wakes you up and motivates all of you who are using a different upfront name in your projects‚ provisioning or witnessing, to really get desperate about your testimony and presentation, to make sure you're being true to the Revolution! This is one of the most serious inroads of compromise, and for your own good, and the good of the Family, it needs to stop!
Each of You Must
Make a Decision
155. Peter and I know what compromises are creeping in. We know that many of you claim to be Charter members, but your lifestyle is hardly distinguishable from the average System person. We know there are still a lot of half–hearted or unbelieving people in our Homes who shouldn't even be in the Family. We know what doctrines many of you are trying to bury due to fear of man, lack of conviction, or compromise for gain. We know there are many who are hardly witnessing at all‚ much less full time, and that System jobs are sweeping whole continents. We know division threatens to defeat many works and whole countries.
156. The Lord has made it clear that the compromising of our basic fundamental beliefs and what makes the Family different cannot be tolerated any longer. If you think the Family will just keep getting weaker and more compromised and worldly, you're wrong. If you think we no longer believe in forsaking all to live together, being full-time missionaries who live by faith, and being dropped out of the church system, you're wrong. If you're hoping things are going to “calm down” and that we'll become more “mainstream” and start preaching just the “basics of Jesus and the Bible,” you're wrong.
157. Our radical doctrines are not going away, and if you honestly can't handle it, or you're ashamed of them‚ or you deny being associated with the Family in your witnessing, and you wish you could just be “independent missionaries,” then that's probably what you should be. Things are only going to get hotter! So get ready by getting with it‚ or getting out!
158. I hope you realize that we're trying to help you make an educated decision by clearly stating that Peter and I will continue to publish what the Lord shows us. We have no intentions of doing away with the radical doctrines we now have, or the ones the Lord may reveal in the future. It's not like Peter and I are “forcing” you to preach the meat of the Word; we're showing you realistically what you can expect if you choose to remain a member of the Family. And of course no one is forcing you to stay in the Family. You must, however, understand that to stay in the Family but try to hide your association with the Family and deny the meat of the Word will not work; it will only hurt you and those you work with. The Lord will see to it that the meat of the Word is preached one way or the other! That is our unique calling and message as Endtime prophets, and we must obey the Lord.
159. Each of you needs to make a decision! To do this you must:
1) Pray about where you stand. Be honest with yourself. Decide where your convictions lie and whether you're willing to stand up for the radical doctrines of the Family. Take into serious consideration that the Family is not becoming mainstream, and the meat of the Word will become known eventually. You can't hide from it or think it won't be an issue.
2) Determine where you want to serve the Lord-–in the Family as CM, FM, or Active member, or part of our general membership, or in the church of your choice.
3) Make whatever changes you need to make. That could mean a change of your classification in the Family, or no longer being part of the Family and beginning a new life in the System.
4) If you decide to continue as a Charter member, you'll need to rid your life, Home and work of the compromises that will only hurt you and others, including your toning down, ignoring, or denying either the radical doctrines of the Family or the Family name.
160. Peter and I are praying for you. Claim the power of the keys for the changes you need in your life, and for renewed conviction and power of the Holy Spirit to be His witnesses. Call on the keys for faith to know that as you remain faithful to the Lord and His Word, He will be faithful to you and will supply all your needs!
With prayer and love in our Miracle Man,
Additional Reading from Dad --Answers to Questions Sent in by You!
Q: Why do we have to even talk about the meat of the Word, when our main job is to preach the Gospel to every creature? Isn't the Gospel Jesus and salvation?
162. (Dad speaking:) I started a revolution, and the Family is still a revolution today! You are the called-out ones--called out from the church system. Nothing has ever changed that. You've been called out to preach a message of love that no one else is preaching; that's what I've always taught, and nothing has changed.
163. I've never been mainstream, the Family's never been mainstream, and it never will be! Those of you who want a mainstream message, who prefer to stick to milk instead of meat, can take your pick. If it's only salvation you want to preach, then go to the churches. I mean it! If that's what you want‚ I'll send you with my blessing. There are some wonderful folks in the churches--sweet‚ sincere, and dedicated Christians who love the Lord and want to preach the salvation of Jesus.
164. This doesn't change the fact, however, that the Lord has given the Family a unique calling--that which is distinct from mainstream churches. And we've got to stay true to that calling--the particular calling He's given us!
165. I'll grant you, you've been experiencing the maturation of a movement for a good many years now. But just because the Family has grown wiser, just because you're branching out with new methods, new tools, new modes of operation‚ and new tactics to win the world, just because you've grown and have learned better ways to become all things to all men, doesn't mean you can back down on standing true to the message that the Lord has given you. And that is a unique message, a radical message! It's a message of love, of the Endtime, of the Law of Love, of loving Him and doing more for Him, of letting His Spirit live, think, and move in you, of standing up and defying the forces of evil that prevail in the world today, of getting activated!
166. Yes, the main job of the Family is to preach the Gospel to all nations. You are to make disciples of all nations. I have no doubt there are sincere Christians in other groups, but when the Lord tells you to make disciples of all nations, He means for you to preach the unique message He's given you to preach! He's given the Family a new religion--a religion of love, a religion of life and liberty, of loving each other and loving the Lord. The Family's message is real religion, alive religion, Endtime religion!
167. I've never taught you to pull your punches, and I'm not about to now. Look at the Letters! If anyone thinks I only taught you to preach the milk of the Word‚ go back and brush up a little on the older Letters and what I taught you. Granted, I taught you to use discretion, to not go out of your way to offend people, but I've never been one to hide or cover up the truth of the message the Lord was giving us to preach either.
168. What you folks need to do is balance Scripture with Scripture. Never in all my years when I was with you there on Earth did I advocate the Family concentrating only on the milk of the Word. Are you kidding? Take a look at the radical things I led you in! From our red-robed prophet days, to reaching out to the most despised and rejected of all-–the hippies. We let the world know about our views on politics, the fall of America, the Arab Wall, and the Green Paper Pig, just to name a few. We passed out millions for the billions of MO Letters around the world–-and those Letters had meat in them! There was nothing mainstream about that! The world heard about FFing--we didn't hide our light under a bushel. Then came our posters that were read around the globe, and our view of Heaven was a far cry different than most mainstream institutions. If you'll do a little homework, you'll see I never taught you to stick to only a mainstream message, to just the milk of the Word.
169. Use wisdom in bringing your babes along, yes, but the idea is to get them off the milk and on to meat!
170. There's nothing like the Family on the face of the Earth! You know why? Because the Lord Himself has called you to live His Law of Love. He's called you to be dropped out of the mainstream. He's given more truth, more of the pure waters of His Word to the Family than to any other group on the face of the Earth, and He doesn't expect you to sit on it and not live it or preach it!
171. When you start settling down to where you want to please the mainstream‚ you'd better watch out! Yes, you've got to use a little wisdom. You've got to be Spirit-led. I'm not saying you need to go out and knock people over the head with our radical doctrines and beliefs right off the bat. You've got to know your meat, and most of all you have to pray and be Spirit-led on what to give to whom, on where you give it to them, and on how fast you need to go in feeding your friends and sheep the meat of the Word.
172. The Lord has called you to be His mouthpieces, to deliver His very unique message to the world–-and that message is a radical message compared to what others are preaching. The message He's given the Family to preach today is about the Endtime, about loving Him, about witnessing. And for those who want to be disciples and get closer to us, it's about being His Bride. It's about loving Him and praising Him and hearing from Him in prophecy.
173. Did I ever pull my punches? Didn't I always teach you to hit things head-on? What I taught you was to obey God, to follow God and to be true to giving out His message. If it's persecution you're worried about, you'd do better to worry if you're not getting some type of persecution for righteousness' sake. “Beware when all men think well of you!” Of course, we don't want to go out of our way to bring problems upon ourselves, nor do we want to make the Lord have to bring persecution to stir us up or make us obey and get out the truth, but Jesus promised that if they persecuted Him, they'll persecute you. The good news is this: He's promised to keep you through it. He's promised to help you rise above, and you will come through victorious!
174. What you need to worry about is not preaching the message He's given you to preach! What you don't want to do is receive persecution for not obeying what He's told you to do. I've never been one to pull my punches, and I'm not about to start now. The unique message the Lord has given you to preach is what the Family is all about. And now, in this era of action, with the Activated vision, the world is going to hear about it.
175. Why do you think the Lord is giving you the power to rise above and the keys of the Kingdom? He's giving you the power over all impossibilities because He knows that's what you're going to need to preach the unique message He's giving you today--the message of love, the message of His Law of Love, the message of the End.
176. Yes, I've always taught you to preach Jesus, and who knows more about Jesus than you do?--About His personal life, His Heavenly Kingdom, and how He works and operates? What better way can you preach Jesus than by teaching the world His true ways, about loving Him and loving others--about His Law of Love! Jesus said, “The words I speak unto you, they are spirit and they are life.” He said, “My words are Me.” So if you want to preach Jesus, you've got to preach the words He's given you to preach. It's all Jesus. That's what the Family's message is to be--the words He's given us.
177. Yours is a special calling, a unique ministry, a unique message. It pays to obey the Lord. It pays to stay true to what He shows you. That's what He's calling the Family to do today. That's what Mama and Peter are doing, just like I did. That's the calling of prophets--to obey what the Lord shows them today and trust Him for the future. (End of message from Dad.)
Q: Since most saved Christians don't accept that David can be our prophet, and certainly not “the prophet of the End,” should we try to hide this fact, or should we even let go of this doctrine?
179. (Dad speaking:) God has a plan and a purpose for the Endtime, and if some people don't want to believe that God used me as the Endtime prophet to give out His message, then that's up to them. You can't force people and beat them over the head and make them believe! And I'm not surprised that church Christians don't believe it, because they don't even believe that God is still speaking today. So it's really going to stretch their faith to believe that not only is God speaking today, but that He chose little people like me, and now Mama and Peter, to speak His message for the Endtime.
180. I never thought of myself as a great prophet; I just knew the Lord was real, He was moving, He was speaking, and for some reason, He chose me to speak through. And I couldn't let the Lord down. I had to obey Him by faith and give the words and message that He wanted me to give to you and to the world. I loved the Lord so much and I knew that He loved you so much and He was counting on me to be willing to speak His message, no matter what the cost.
181. I knew the church Christians in general wouldn't like it or receive it and that they would persecute us for it, but you can't stop the Spirit of God or His message and what He wants to do and what He wants to say because you're afraid that it might upset some Christians and make them mad. I mean, if they haven't even been able to accept that a prophet has been among them, good night, they're going to have a hard time with the things the Lord has in store for the future! So I think if you're worried now to even let it be said that I was a prophet, and not only a prophet but a great prophet, and not only a great prophet but the Endtime prophet, you're going to have a lot more worries than just that! Because the Lord is not going to stop there!
182. I never considered myself great and I'm not great, but the Lord has a great message to get out and He's not going to stop there. You just have to make up your mind if you're willing to go on with the Revolution and go full speed ahead into the future or not! You can stay back there with the church Christians and read the Old Testament and get a few jewels out of the New Testament, but I'm telling you, you haven't seen anything yet!
183. God is about to explode! The future is so far out that if you haven't even got the faith to speak the name of Father David with great faith and conviction and pride in our message, then Lord help you. I couldn't care less if a few church Christians' feathers are ruffled. So what?! Are they going to be the ones who are going to stand by your side and stand up for the truth and uphold the standard and the Lord's Name in the Endtime when the battles are really raging? Are they the ones? Some of them might be, but you're certainly going to know who it is by who is willing to receive the Lord's message of today, today.
184. It's a new day! These are new times, and the messages that are coming in are brand-new! So you'd better fasten your seat belt, because you're in for the wildest ride of your life! You're either going to go on with the Revolution, with Mama in the driver's seat--and she is one wild and willing driver--or you had better get off at the next stop. It's up to you. (End of message from Dad.)
Q: What's wrong with making friends of believing Christians?
186. (Dad speaking:) There's nothing wrong with making friends with believing Christians. We want friends, and we try to cultivate good, fruitful, meaningful friendships with others--not only Christians but with anyone who shows a sincere interest in the Lord, the Family, and our work. You Family members are highly skilled witnessers who have been trained by the Lord Himself and by me to put your best foot forward and present your witness in a way that will be easy for the person you're talking with to relate to and accept.--Providing they have a hunger and a vacuum in their heart for the Spirit of God and for the truth and His message. And the Family knows that in order to do that, you have to show yourself friendly and have a friendly approach and cultivate their friendship. That's just natural!
187. So of course there's nothing wrong with making friends with Christians or with anyone–-you have to do that. That's your first step, and that's your starting point in any witness. But true friendship is based on honesty, openness‚ and good communication, and that type of relationship is built on faith and trust in one another. And if whoever you're witnessing to, whether it's a Christian or anyone else, knows that you're going to be open and honest with them and that they can trust you to not be deceitful or hide the truth, but that they can trust you to be the kind of person that's going to be open, then that's going to win their respect and deepen your friendship even more.
188. So if you really want to win friends and cultivate true, lasting, fruitful friendships, honesty and openness are a very big part of it‚ and that means you're going to have to be honest and open with them about your beliefs, your lifestyle, our doctrines, who you are, and why you're doing what you're doing. Because of course they're going to be interested, they're going to want to know about you.
189. If they're interested in the Spirit of God and in the spirit they see in you, and they start asking you questions, it's because they want to know, they want to be fed. They're hungry, they're sucking, they have a vacuum in the spirit, and God is using that vacuum because He wants to fill it. And He's going to fill it through you, if you're yielded and willing and open to be the channel to give them His Word, love, comfort, encouragement‚ guidance and message.
190. So if they start asking you about your beliefs on sex, for example, you can't just clam up and say nothing! Because they're going to think that's pretty strange and they're going to wonder why you're suddenly not willing to discuss something with them and be open and upfront and honest about it.
191. It's true that church Christians don't generally like the sexual freedom the Lord has given to us. He's willing to give it to anyone, but very few people have been willing to accept it, believe in it, and obey it. They think there's something inherently wrong with enjoying sex and being open and honest about it‚ especially if you're a Christian.
192. But the Family doesn't think there's anything wrong with sex--we never have! We've always been very open and forthright and honest in our belief that sex is God-created, God-ordained, Godly, beautiful, pure and wonderful in His sight. That is‚ good, Godly sex, of course. I'm not talking about perverted‚ worldly, selfish sex; I'm talking about real loving sex where you're giving and caring and sharing and concerned for each other.
193. The Family has never felt there is anything wrong with sex, and thank God He used me to help set the Family people free to believe it and live it and enjoy it and not be dragged down by guilt, condemnation, and the lies of the Devil.
194. So, I'm sorry that it is a point of controversy with church Christians. They've always screamed “blasphemy” or “heresy” when it came to our sexual doctrines, and I'm sorry if it's a difficult thing for you to explain to Christians. But don't worry if they're not willing to receive it. We're not trying to conform to them and to what they like or don't like, and to the way they think we should be, think, or operate, and what they think we should be preaching and how they think we should be living!
195. The Family was not created to conform to the church system! The Lord ordained the Family to be different, to be dropped out of the church system‚ to be new and revolutionary and radical and willing and open to receive God's messages. God knew He couldn't count on the church Christians to accept it, receive it, or live it. That's why He started the Family, and He's been using the Family ever since to be His vehicle to show the world not only the beauties of good, Godly, loving sex, and how it can be lived in love and enjoyed and shared, and that it's not a sin, but also other messages that God cannot trust the churchy Christians with because they just reject them. They won't receive it and they won't do anything with it, so He can't give it to them! He has to choose people like you, the Family, who are willing and ready to accept it.
196. So I'm sorry if you can't get the church people to see eye to eye with you about sex. You're just going to have to decide what's more important to you. If it's more important for you to maintain your friendship with your church group or your circle of church Christian friends, well, then so be it; that's your decision and your prerogative. But they're still going to want to know your beliefs on sex. They're still going to ask you those questions, and you're going to have to answer them. So you'll eventually have to make a decision between them and us!
197. It just comes down to the fact that you have to decide if you believe in the message the Lord has given us or you don't! And if you're for it and you believe it, you're not going to have any trouble saying so and standing up for the truth and the standard! And if you don't, then you might as well quit pretending and make some decisions in your life about where you want to serve the Lord. After all, if you no longer have faith in our radical message and you continually want to hide it and deny it, you'd probably be happier in a different outfit whose beliefs are more in line with your own. (End of message from Dad.)
Q: If something isn't done about our approach regarding our radical beliefs, we are going to go on stirring up the media, making enemies, and for what purpose?
199. (Dad speaking:) You have to keep your eyes and mind on the goal and vision and spiritual warfare. The media gets stirred up because the Enemy stirs them up, because he does not want the Family to get out the Lord's message. These are the Endtime days and the spiritual warfare is becoming hotter and more intense, and the Enemy knows that the Lord is pouring out His message to the Family, and that the Family is willing to deliver it to the world.
200. The Devil knows that the messages you've been given in these Endtime days are just what the lost sheep are longing for and desiring to hear. They're radical, they're revolutionary, and the Enemy gets so mad that he tries to stir up the media. He's willing to do anything he can to stop the voice of God. Of course, he can't stop the voice of God, but he's still crazy enough to try.
201. God is in control and He knows just what the world needs and when, and who to give it to and how to give it. And don't worry; if you're faithful to obey God's voice and where He's leading you, He'll take care of you. He'll protect you and do miracles for you in order to take care of you. He'll do mighty things for you as you step out by faith and boldly and unashamedly tell the world God's message. You have nothing to worry about, because when you're in the center of God's will and being used as His mouthpiece and His tool, the media and all their puny efforts are nothing in the face of God's mighty power and anointing.
202. So what if the media gets stirred up?! Don't worry if you offend a few people and make a few enemies. Jesus always had enemies, those who tried to kill Him because of what He said and what He stood up for.
203. I don't care what our enemies say; all I care about is what the Lord tells us to do and say! That's what we're in this business for! I love the messages the Lord has given us. I love His fresh, hot, radical, beautiful, wonderful, thrilling messages! Wouldn't you rather have to suffer a few mockers and scoffers and the ridicule and criticism of a few enemies and the lash of the media, than to give up your faith in God and what He's doing today, right now, in these Endtime days?
204. The Lord has to use a new approach to reach this generation because they're so lost. They're even more lost, more hungry, and more cold and dead in the spirit than previous generations. They need His radical, revolutionary, far-out messages! That's what's going to warm their hearts and give them hope and open their eyes. So don't be afraid to deliver it.
205. It's only the beginning. God has much more in store! He wants to reach His lost sheep, so follow closely and God will use you mightily and to the full, and you'll never be sorry. Because one day soon, all those that you were instrumental in reaching, all those people that you helped to win to the Lord will be with you in Heaven, and you'll be able to thumb your nose at all those scoffers and mockers and at the Devil himself, and tell them that's what it was all for, that's what the purpose was--so that we could win as many as possible into His Heavenly Kingdom. (End of message from Dad.)
Following are some relevant Letters on various aspects of discipleship, our controversial message, and conviction versus compromise:
“Jesus People?--Or Revolution,” ML #148, DB 4
“Old Bottles,” ML #242, DB 5
“Expensive Bargains,” ML #1401, Vol.15/DB 1
“Revolutionary Discipleship,” ML #1965, DB 8
“We Are It,” ML #2222, DB 8
“The Dangers of System Influence,” ML #2967:1-11, Lifelines 22
“Charter Responsibilities,” ML #3197:46-193, GN 803
“Mama's Memos, No.9,” ML #3243:80-123, GN 845
“Witnessing and Follow-up Pitfalls,” ML #3245:57-77, GN 847
“Mama's Memos, No.12,” ML #3287:18-28, GN 885
“Issues, Part 3,” ML #3302:29-38, 48-88, GN 904
“None of These Things Move Me,” ML #3307:132-149, GN 906
“Issues, Part 5,” ML #3322:80-99, GN 925
“Discipleship,” MOP 1
Copyright © 2001 by The Family
(End of File)